Thursday, July 5, 2018

Lance's Three Year Anniversary

July 1, 2015.

On that date, Lance Finley became, according to the Constitution of the CGGC, the CEO of the denomination.

Three years.

Certainly enough time to assess.

The fact that that anniversary was approaching simply popped into my mind a few weeks ago and I actually had to do some research to determine the precise date that the Finley era began.

It began on the first day of July, 2015.

Since doing the research, I've reread Lance's first few eNewses and found, in them, what I recalled.

In his very first eNews, Lance actually wrote, in bold type, "It's time to repent."

In his second article, Lance described, in bold language, the decline of the CGGC.

I recall praising that first article here, and recommending it, to the readers of this blog.

I said, in those days and since, that I've known Lance for a long time and that I love him, and that I even like him.

I still do like, and love, him.

Lance is big into leadership. During these three years, he's written often about leadership and leadership development.

And, clearly, Lance thinks of himself as a leader. Would it be unfair, since Lance sought the position of CGGC CEO, to assume that Lance considers himself to be THE leader of the CGGC?

I think it is fair.

In recent days, I've been putting together a list that would consist of three to five words, or brief phrases, that would describe Lance's leadership during these three years...

...and, I've found the project to be interesting.

I'm still working on the list.

Many of you have expressed opinions to me about Lance during these three years...always privately. And, almost always qualified with, "You know him better than I do, but..."

So, I'm curious.

How would you describe Lance's leadership as CGGC CEO in 3-5 words or short phrases?

Please feel welcome to respond here on the blog if you wish but, as always, I welcome private, confidential responses.

Despite the Constitution's assertion that the CGGC can have a CEO, we are, and always have been, a presbyterial body, an eldership.

As such, it's not gossip to have these conversations, either publicly or privately. We are, in theory, at least, a vibrant and dynamic community of men and women collaborating, in the Spirit, to do the work of the Kingdom.

I'd love the conversation and I'll gladly share my descriptors when I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment