Thursday, July 12, 2018

Don't Let the Sound of Your own Wheels Drive You Crazy

Here's a micro update on Evie:

She continues to slowly decline. Her aortic valve is deteriorating but, thankfully, the heart itself is healthy and, so far, undamaged.

She has little strength and almost no stamina.

But, she's a person who naturally pushes herself as hard as she can.

So, I got to the place that everyday, when I'd leave for work, I'd give her a smooch and say, "I love you. Take it easy."

Then,...

...as I drove to the store, that song by The Eagles would go through my head.

I love The Eagles but this one's not my favorite song.

So, now, I give her the smooch, tell her I love her and say, "Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy."

The song still runs through my head.

And, I suspect that she's beginning to find it annoying.

I'm standin on a corner in Winslow, Arizona...

No comments:

Post a Comment