Friday, September 22, 2017

Institutional Narcissism among ERC Leaders

As the ERC gathered in session in 2015, I was using this blog to express important and passionate misgivings about leadership's, then, new Strategic Plan which Kevin, Dave and Chuck presented with fanfare and optimism and which Conference delegates approved unanimously.

As the Conference gathered in 2015, we, here at Faith, were pouring our energy and passion into putting into action the CGGC's Vision Statement which values churches that multiply.

It was as Conference sessions were ending in 2015 that the Administrative Council was called together to consider the recommendation of the Standing Committee that my credentials be recalled. The Administrative Council unanimously accepted that recommendation.

I enthusiastically embrace CGGC doctrine and and our ministry was not only supporting CGGC Mission and Vision, it was putting them into action.

From my perspective, the action of the Administrative Council was extreme...

...yet, at the time, leadership was so convinced of the value of the 2015 Strategic Plan and the support of the plan had been unanimous...

...and my opposition to it was so passionate and outspoken, that even I can understand the frustration of people who believed in that plan.

That was then. This is now.

Since then, leadership has dropped the old New Strategic Plan of 2015 like it was hot potato.

And, starting last week as far as I know, Chuck Frank began calling himself the new ERC Director of Multiplication.

Now...

...ERC leaders all acknowledge that the 2015 Strategic Plan has been a bust and now promote the very notion of church multiplication that we were practicing when they, through the Standing Committee, attacked my credentials.

So, why aren't ERC hierarchs hailing me as a hero and as the one and only person in the Conference who saw the future back in 2015?

The answer? Institutional Narcissism.

Narcissists believe that the world revolve around them.

My sin in 2015?

It had nothing to do with church doctrine. And, it can not have had anything at all to do with practicing what the CGGC stands for.

My sin in 2015 is that I refused to believe that the world revolves around ERC leaders and I could not and would not support that plan...

...even though I felt great affection for all of the guys on the top of the ERC mountain.

Why am I not being credited for seeing the truth about the old New Strategic Plan?

Because I, apparently, am the one and only person in the Conference to criticize the new New Strategic Plan...

...and institutional narcissism still reigns in the ERC.

My sin in 2015 was that I criticized leadership and, even though everyone now acknowledges that the truth I proclaimed was, well, true, because I still proclaim that the world doesn't revolve around ERC leadership, I am persona non grata.

----------------

Gang,

Jesus is Lord.

The world doesn't revolve around ERC leadership.

To think it does is sin.

We must repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment