Saturday, May 6, 2017

Kevin Richardson, Matthew 18 and Me

It has occurred to me that the readers of this blog, who don't have information beyond what appears on the blog, may think that I'm sniping around the edges of this Dr. Richardson-misrepresented-the-truth-during-Conference-sessions thing.

So, for the sake of full-disclosure, I've decided to make public one extremely important fact.

Some time ago, I approached Kevin, via email, and requested a discussion of past events because, as facts were coming to me, it was becoming apparent to me that he had not spoken the truth about me on the Conference floor and had "sinned against me." 

Kevin's response?

He refused to have that conversation.

---------------

For quite a long time after that, I was completely flummoxed.

I was confounded by the reality that, in my mind, Kevin was saying, in effect, that he believed his authority as ERC E. D. was so great that it empowered him to defy the teaching of Jesus Himself, in Matthew 18.

For quite a while, I had no idea what to do next.

In time, I decided to tell the story to the pastor who has advised me to get a lawyer and file a suit against the Conference--and has even offered to help me find a lawyer.

---------------

I'm still praying through that advice.
Honestly, it's been difficult for me even to know how to form that  prayer.

Just yesterday, I sensed, in an insight that feels to me as if it is from the Spirit, how I should pray.

---------------

I get information from Google, and from interaction with other people, about how many people read my blog posts and, to some extent, who those readers are.

I know that many readers are CGGC and most of those are ERC people.

---------------

At this point, I guess that what comes next, if this doesn’t end up in court, may come from CGGC/ERC people who take the initiative to resolve the issue and make peace.

We'll see.

That is beyond my control.

But, I attempted to obey the teaching of Jesus on resolving conflict. But, one person can't resolve conflict without cooperation.

---------------

I'll add that every part of my story, that I'm relying on, I can document through emails I have saved or from hard copies of letters I have been sent.

There's more that is merely he said/he said.

Kevin, apparently, relied on his version of he said at Conference and no one suggested that I be given the opportunity to tell my story.

When I began to realize that Kevin was playing fast and loose with the truth, I became careful to get as much as I can in writing.

That's why I approached Kevin, suggesting, in an email, that he sinned against me on the Conference floor. I have my notes, and Kevin's reply, in writing in case this ends up in front of a judge.

---------------

I've been saying here that an essential reality about the CGGC, in at least the last decade or more, is that it doesn't care about truth: Doctrinal truth as well as every day, actual, factual truth.

And, so, if Kevin shaved the truth about me on the Conference floor, when I was not present to dispute him, he was simply being a typical person of the CGGC.

---------------

Bottom lining, then:

I have tried obeying Jesus.

I approached Kevin personally, saying, essentially, "Based on what I know, you have sinned against me."

Kevin refused to allow me to, as the NIV has it "go and show (him his) sin."

We are where we are now--with a brother pastor offering to help me find a lawyer to sue the church that both of us love.

---------------

A few years ago, I put myself in the position of being passionately disliked in the CGGC by speaking hard truths harshly. Doing that has not been enjoyable for me.

I understand that CGGC people dislike me and like Kevin. I understand that many want to believe him and not me.

However, in the end, in eternity, this will not come down to who is warm and fuzzy and who's not.

In the end, only truth will matter.

We must repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment