Friday, May 12, 2017

I Just Watched Dr. Richardson's Video on the New Strategic Plan

Let me just repeat for the gazillionth time that I love the CGGC and every part of it and all of the people in it.

I am a follower of Jesus and I seek His Kingdom and His righteousness but the Church of God formed me during my impressionable years and it stoked the fire of my passion for Him.

I believe that it's likely that my passion for the CGGC is greater than the feeling that most of the people in its leadership and pastorates feel and that it is my passion for the CGGC that compelled me to keep speaking even when what I had to say would, in time, result in me being defrocked by the institution.

---------------

I just viewed the video Dr. Richardson put out following ERC sessions. In that video, Kevin described the four objectives of the ERC's new Strategic Plan.

I'll tell you the point from which its failure will spring.

The first objective, as Dr. Richardson spoke it, involves "restructuring and restaffing our Eastern Regional Conference..."

There's nice alliteration there, with the repeating of R words.

The framers of this plan for the ERC future had a perfect opportunity to get things right biblically and theologically by having 3 Rs, and making the missing R the first and foundational concept.

Of course, I'm pointing out what is always missing, and always has been since the end of the early days of the Church of God: Repentance.

If Dr. Richardson had said, with conviction, "Our first objective is repentance which, we believe, will lead to restructuring and restaffing," there might be a chance that what the ERC is about to do could connect to the work of the Spirit and the ERC might, in the end, be able to join God in the work He is doing.

However, the ERC is thinking in institutional terms, not spiritual terms. It is not turning to God as the One Who will frame its future.

---------------

I've been saying that the issue that the CGGC and ERC is facing is that the Lord of all authority and power and grace and mercy and blessing is not blessing.

He's not...

...otherwise, as in our early days, our people would be struggling to keep up with the fruit that the Spirit is producing.

---------------

Again...

...the ERC is choosing to tweak the institution rather than fall face down before the Lord of all authority and power and grace and mercy and blessing...

...And, He will not bless.

We must repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment