Sunday, October 16, 2016

Gathering Update

The last time I journaled a Gathering was seven weeks ago, due to the malware issue. I have to say that, during the time I couldn't access the blog, I missed journaling our Gatherings more than anything else I do with the blog.

During that time, a coworker joined with us one time.   When we met at work later the next week, she asked if we did what we did during our Word time specifically to address an issue she is dealing with in her walk.  The truth is that we hadn't. I told her the truth: It was the Holy Spirit working, either in her or in us, or all of us.

One other time, when Evelyn led us to a passage, the time in the Word edifed me so powerfully that I needed to write it down here, but couldn't.

---------------

Most weeks, however, we have not gathered.

Much of what we removed from my parents' place is still stored here and there were times our place was too cluttered to host people, other times that we were too exhausted to go to the effort and, last week, we were at the tail end of a cancer scare that involved Evie being rushed into a biopsy.  Thankfully, the biopsy showed no cancer.

All that said, we didn't gather today. This is a day when I expected to be too tired, and I am very tired.  The new responsibilities on the job make me more people-tired and wear on my introvert-ism, so I  am more tired of people than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment