Monday, June 1, 2015

41st Wedding Anniversary

Forty one years ago this afternoon Evelyn, when asked in front of nearly 200 witnesses, said, "I do." And, I realize, much more today than I did on that day, how blessed I am.

She is more beautiful and more gracious, more loving, more merciful, more Christlike than ever.

Looking back, I can only imagine what these years would have been like for me without her faith and testimony. I can't begin to count the number of times the Lord penetrated my stubborn heart to show me His will through her.

In her heart, she is a self-confessed people pleaser. Yet, she has graciously and faithfully taken the hits and ridden through the bumps that have come our way, especially in recent years, as I have explored my conviction that I am a prophet.

No man has ever been more blessed in marriage than I have been--and still am.

Thanks Evie, for everything.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats, and happy anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, blessed anniversary! You are right...she is your perfect mate...with God right in the center of both of you. Love you, both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind comments, dan and Susan.

    ReplyDelete