Sunday, November 2, 2014

House Gathering

For the past few months, one time a month, we squeeze our whole group into our living/dining room, with some on the floor. We do the 1 Cor. 14:26 thing with anyone and everyone calling for a hymn, any and everyone praying and, of course, no sermon-no one assigned to speak or teach. The highlight is always the taking of the bread and cup as a part of a world class meal to which many of the participants contributed-including a ten year old who brought bags of chips and popcorn (my potato and vegetable.) ;-)

What a wonderful time! There is absolutely nothing like it.

There was a long time I believed in this before I began to live it. My only regret is that I held on to tradition for so long.

It is likely that we will have only house gatherings within a year.

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment