Friday, November 7, 2014

Ed's eNews Blog

Two observations:
  1. Have you noticed that no one has yet commented on any eNews blog posting?  This blog, with a puny mailing list, gets more comments than eNews.  I wonder what this lack of conversation is fruit of.  Doesn't anyone read the eNews?  (At one time someone who resides very close to the top of the CGGC mountaintop told me that I am one of only three or four who ever read it.)  Is it that no one cares?  Is it the cynicism that is essential to the CGGC brand?  Is there another explanation?  [Note:  Any comments would have to be placed on the blog by someone who runs the blog.  The comment page states, "Your comment will be posted after it is approved."  It could be that comments that have been made have been censored.]
  2. Have you noticed that there has been no mention of The Gathering?  Did Ed not attend?  Is it that the topic, the content and proclamation of the Gospel, isn't worth eNews mention as far as Ed is concerned?  Is it that what McKnight has to say is too 'hot button' and creates tension in the "Mellow Relationships over Truth" characteristic of the CGGC brand?  It is a curious thing that this event, which Ed promoted so aggressively, has not been mentioned since it took place.
I applaud Ed for creating the blog as a vehicle for conversation.  It is sad that we are not in conversation.

2 comments:

  1. I used to glance over Ed's weekly email, but I have not taken the time to actually click thru to the blog. I have never cared for the format of it (email or blog). It's simply too much info. And now that there's an extra step involved... not likely to ever happen (unless you bring something to my attention on your blog).

    I did, however, used to be a big fan of Wayne Boyer's weekly emails. He was tweeting tidbits of info before twitter existed! Interesting that I always felt like things were more "open to conversation" then too... and he didn't even have a 'comment' option.

    As for the Gathering... I've been wondering about that too. I like Scot Mcknight. I was hoping to go but was visiting my son in Georgia at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess there will be no word on The Gathering.

    ReplyDelete