Saturday, April 21, 2018

"I just want someone to bid me to come and die."

I've been in the midst of a chat with a friend. The chat is focused on the bland and benign communication that comes down from the CGGC mountaintops to the body.

Characterized in my own words, my friend actually brought this up and noted, as I'll say it, that what we get, from on high in the CGGC, is comforting and encouraging but not confronting and challenging.

This chat began a few weeks ago, and, in the wake of the latest eNews, I wrote to observe that we got more of the same bland, namby pamby stuff that we've become accustomed to and which is a profound frustration to us.

After a few comments on both sides, my friend paraphrased Dietrich Bonhoeffer in a way that made me well up with tears. Here's the whole brief remark:

I just want someone to bid me to come and die. Is that too much to ask?

I have two thoughts.

1. Yes, apparently, actually it is too much to ask, in the vision of anyone in CGGC leadership, though, the Lord is certainly screaming it in the Spirit.

2. This focus and passion describes precisely what CGGC leadership is missing out on.

We, in the CGGC, are encouraged, in this eNews issue, to be looking for beauty in this life,...

...while there are more than a few of us in the CGGC chomping at the bit to engage together in a lifestyle that, as Dietrich Bonhoeffer had it, pays the cost of discipleship.

-----------------

Gang,

Who doesn't know that we are decaying and declining?!?!?!!!!!

So, what's the message? As our ministry dies and the world around us goes to hell, let's be sure to see the beauty in that tragedy!?!

"I just want someone to bid me to come and die."

There are others, in the CGGC in addition to me, whose passion and conviction are being wasted while the people charged with leadership in our body seem to be content to keep us lukewarm and satisfied with our damnable spiritual state.

I, too, just want someone to bid me to come and die. Is that really too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment