Thursday, April 19, 2018

A Tension I deal with in every Prophetic Post

Before I click Publish for every prophetic post here, I struggle with two frames of reference that are, unquestionably, in tension with each other.

One of those frames is my conviction that I share, with Jeremiah, the call to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow and to build and to plant. With only that orientation, in my opinion, no post I've ever entered here has been harsh or firm enough.

The other frame of reference comes from Paul's wisdom, shared in his letter to the Colossians (3:12), "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

Compassion, kindness, holiness, gentleness and patience.

With this goal in mind, certainly nothing I've ever written here has been nearly as gracious as it should be.

This prophecy thing is extremely emotional. Much of the message I believe I receive from Him, I receive stewing in emotion.

It should be understandable that much of the emotion is negative. Our Lord of all authority and power and grace and mercy and blessing is not blessing us. And, He's not pleased with our pursuit of church-bound traditions. And, I believe, I feel some of that.

Still, He Himself is compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

I feel His sadness and His yearning for genuine connection with us.

So, when I'm polishing off a post, I, sometimes, imagine a continuum ranging from 0 to 10, with 0 being pure uproot, tear down, destroy, overthrow and 10 being unblemished compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

That last one, about my friend and his suggestion that, in lieu of the new New Strategic Plan, the Conference just send everyone to Disney World, was about a 3.

How sad and angry must He be that the hierarchs simply run around in the same circles to pursue useless traditions He will never bless!

How irked must He be with the majority of Conference people who continue to approve fruitless programs and plans dreamt up by the hierarchs!

No comments:

Post a Comment