Thursday, June 9, 2016

Evie is Retiring

It's official.


On the second day that Evie was in the hospital, I took Maggie out for her early morning walk and--in what I now understand to be an answer to Evie's prayer-- had the thought that Evie's upcoming (now past) birthday would make it possible for her to claim Social Security early and that she should go on Social Security.


In that instant, I immediately had a sense of peace as immense as any I have ever known. I finished up the stuff I needed to do around the house and drove to the hospital and told Evie. I expected resistance because we already had a bit of a plan about retirement. That's when she told me that, recently, she had been thinking the same thing but had been praying that the suggestion would come from me.


So, we talked it through and then bounced it off of my brother and his family for feedback.


This past Monday Evie walked into the office of the President of the company and told him that she was retiring. He thanked her for her years of dedication to the company, congratulated her and wished her well.


Her last day on the job will be June 24.


She is well paid on this job, especially for what it is that she does and the Social Security benefits will not make up for the income she loses but we believe that the Lord is a part of this and that He works in all things for the good of those who love Him.


So, a new chapter in our spiritual journey is about to begin.

1 comment:

  1. Well good for Evie. Wishing you both blessings on this next step in the journey. And... so sorry to hear about the church greeter. Such a hard thing.

    ReplyDelete