Tuesday, May 31, 2016

One of my Two Aunt Gretas Died

I've detailed some of the crises we are wading through, but, not all of them.


I've said that I have an aunt and an uncle under hospice care. The aunt, my father's sister, passed away yesterday. The family wants me to be the parish priest and do the service. I desperately love my cousins and aunts and uncles but the mere thought of doing parish priest duties makes my skin crawl and I don't have the emotional reserve to deal with that.


One part of our journey I don't think I have mentioned is that, somehow, Maggie ate some rodent poison. She's being treated for it and, at the moment, it's touch and go. AND, she has a new tumor.


We meet with our family doctor today to find out more about Evie's test results and the way forward in her treatment.


"And we know that in all things..."

1 comment: