Sunday, May 29, 2016

Neo-Winebrennerarianism

When I was in school studying Church History I took a special class offered by the Student Association to help students prepare for the German language exam. In that class, a fellow student, in a tract more oriented toward theology said that you're not a real theologian unless you invent new words. She was joking and it was a right-on joke. Many of the profs and students fiddled with the language, seemingly to prove how smart they were.


Well, by that standard, I must be a real theologian, trying to prove that I'm smart.


Neo-Winebrennerarianism.


To the best of my knowledge, that hyphenated word has not even been written or spoken before. And, 22 letters long, at that!


Since, as far as I know, I invented the word, I get to define it.


------------


Neo-Winebrennerarianism is the theological movement that lives out the thought of John Winebrenner in one's own time and place.


------------


I was already thinking about the word when I read Lance's most recent eNews.


I think that in the CGGC, Neo-Winebrennerarianism is the only logical place to start in recalibrating the focus of the CGGC from church obsession to Kingdom building.


John Winebrenner and his gang put church second from the day the Church of God body was formed in October 1830 and what we need as a body is to reacquaint ourselves with the passion, and the thinking, that formed us.


Understand me.


I know that what we need most is a Jesus-centered way of being.


However, for us, a body that has lost its way and is in decline, we need to face up to the choices that created our decline.


We need to adopt Neo-Winebrennerarianism as a tool toward the repentance that may restore us into the Jesus serving, people we once were.

No comments:

Post a Comment