Thursday, August 27, 2015

The New CHURCH ADVOCATE, a Root Canal, Contributions to this Blog and "Cancer" Surgery

Just a few comments in passing:

1.  I hope you've been reading the new edition of The CHURCH ADVOCATE.  Much of it either features Lance or was written by him and there is some good and also some startling stuff.  Lance mentions the need for change to take place in the CGGC several times.  That is important.  That sort of sentiment had been absent up top in the CGGC for some time.  Lance's take on the 2013 CGGC statistics is surprisingly brutal and honest, also something usual in recent years.  What is missing from what Lance wrote is how historically bad the year 2013 was in the CGGC, perhaps the worst year in CGGC history.  Perhaps I'll add detail on that point later.

2.  I had a root canal today, my first ever.  It was not a barrel of monkeys but not as bad as I feared.  A fascinating thing happened as I was being worked on.  I noted that the back of my mind was meditating on 2 Chronicles 7:14 as the dentist was working away.  Having memorized many verses from the Word, I often find part of my mind to be enmeshed on some part of His revelation  while other parts of my brain are dealing with other matters.  Today, my mind kept repeating on the words, "and will forgive their sin...."  Perhaps if we humble ourselves and pray and seek His face He will forgive our sins.

3.  You may have noticed that my blog output has declined lately.  There are many reasons for this.  If you are a Facebook friend, you know that my dad requires nearly constant attention these days.  The emotional and physical drain of that is immense.  Also, my job keeps me hopping and...

4.  I've not mentioned this to this point, but a hideous growth developed on Evelyn's arm very near to where cancer-ridden lymph nodes were removed and which her cancer surgeon saw during a recent checkup.  The surgeon recommended that they book an operating room as soon as possible to have it--and surrounding tissue--removed.  Evelyn wanted this kept on the QT so, except for people in our community of gatherings and coworkers who love the Lord and a very close friend, I have not mentioned it to anyone.  Word on the pathology came back on Tuesday and, shockingly, the surgeon was wrong.  The growth looked hideous but it was benign.  Unless you've walked the cancer journey, you have no idea how profound our thankfulness is.

No comments:

Post a Comment