Sunday, August 2, 2015

"Solituding:" 8-2-15

I'm on my own for more than a week, except for Maggie, our Golden Retriever and world's greatest church greeter, while Evelyn is away showing God's love in a practical way to a friend who lives in another state. I am so inspired by her life of righteousness!

And, because Evie is the primary person of peace in our community of gatherings, there is no gathering today nor will there be one until next Sunday.

So, my time in the Lord is just Him and me today, something that is not a problem for me because I am a pretty extreme introvert who has a job he enjoys but which brings him (me) into close contact with the public and with many coworkers.

It was a good part of the day for me spiritually. As some know, we live in a small condo beside the sixth tee of a golf course. The guys who run the course are easy to live with and are happy to allow Mags and me to walk on the course so long as we stay away from the golfers, something easy to do early in the day. We walked a good part of the back nine for about forty minutes until the aging Maggie got tired then I walked the back nine again for about another hour. The golf course looks and smells and sounds beautiful early in the day at this time of the year. It is a perfect setting for a time of prayer and meditation and that is exactly what I did for nearly two hours today.

Believing that I am a prophet makes my life interesting, to say the least. Lately, I believe that the Lord is speaking to me about the wineskin thing I wrote about the other day and I received many insights along that line as I walked and meditated and prayed.

This wineskin thing is a Jesus way to address the term that was central to a micro fad with which the CGGC flirted a while back, that is, paradigm change. I had insights about Winebrenner and CGGC history and the CGGC today.

No doubt, I will feel led to share stuff about this at a future time.

For at least the next part of the day, I'll be listening to an audio version of the Michael Connelly novel, THE FIFTH WITNESS, which is the fourth book in his LINCOLN LAWYER series.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment