Friday, July 17, 2015

Gathering: 7-16-15

The last time our Thursday night group met was June 28. I checked the blog. So, that's what? seven weeks?

That's not a huge deal for the way we live in community, like it would be for others, but it matters.

We were all set to meet last night and I was really looking forward to the meeting. (The Thursday group is the one that feeds me best.)

Everything was set for the gathering when, early in the afternoon, my mom and dad had a meltdown, ended up in a state of extreme paranoia, and absolutely DEMANDED the family come to them in the evening and give an accounting of "what's going on...that we don't know about!"

That demand came to me. So, I, with heart break, set about calling off the gathering, explaining and asking for forgiveness. There was compassion and understanding in the group, and I am thankful for that.

I am still feeling the spiritual loss of missing out on the gathering.

In the end, the family showed up for mom and dad and they barely remembered that they had summoned us.

That left me frustrated and angry at them and, more so, with myself because they can't help it.

Harrumph!

No comments:

Post a Comment