Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Double Trouble

I found this a few weeks back through a Facebook friend:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2015/june/rapid-rise-of-non-denominational-christianity-my-most-recen.html

When you think about Barna's projection of the decline of the local congregation along with what Stetzer observes about the decline of denominational Christianity, you can see why some of us are less than enthusiastic about the increased emphasis on the local congregation and the denomination from the CGGC mountaintops in recent years.

Neither Barna nor Stetzer see a serious decline in Christianity but both see that the very thing the CGGC has been working toward crumbling rapidly in the near future.

The Spirit Himself seems to be moving and CGGC leaders seem to be demanding that we follow a path other than the one the Spirit is directing.

1 comment:

  1. BTW gang, I think have come out of the shock caused when I received notice that the ERC Ad Council had defrocked me when I had not even been notified that my credentials were on the chopping block.

    As I return to normality, seeing reality from 40,000 feet as prophets do, there is an irony related to this thread, that people like me are normally the first to turn their backs on denominations yet I am interested in helping the CGGC find its future and would gladly work to integrate what we do into the way the CGGC reaches its world.

    And, the mountaintoppers response was to engineer, in secret, the taking of my credentials.

    I'm not certain what that says about them. Not certain at all.

    77

    ReplyDelete