Sunday, December 14, 2014

House Gathering 12-14-14

Our gatherings are intensely spiritual, believe me when I say that. No two have ever been alike since we began to follow the biblical pattern of gathering which we have gleaned from several New Testament passages.

In some ways, today's was from another dimension. It fit the usual pattern in only the most vague way.

Today was very musical. I guess singing time last nearly an hour. We sang songs focused on the nativity and the incarnation, despite my personal desire to avoid Christendom Advent traditions. As we have before, we interrupted singing to read Scripture related to what we had sung and, then, to reflect on the significance of the Scripture.

As always when we meet in a home, we ate a meal provided by many of the people present and, as a part of the meal, took the bread and cup to remember His atoning sacrifice and love.

So, our gatherings really are profoundly spiritual and are led by the Spirit. I do have to admit that I was surprised, when I had stepped away for a moment, to hear, in the distance our group singing JINGLE BELLS, and, after I rejoined, FROSTY THE SNOW MAN and RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER.

I can only tell you that, in some strange way, it all fit together.

I'm sure you doubt that, as would I were I not there at the time

No comments:

Post a Comment