Thursday, November 8, 2018

Tick Bite

We experienced some unseasonably warm weather here last week. Last Sunday was a very pleasant day. So, I took our very energetic four-ish year old dog for nearly three hours of walks.

Yesterday, I actually looked at a spot on the back of my left hip that had been itching and saw what looked like a tick embedded in the skin. Evie confirmed my suspicion.

Evie pulled it out, very painlessly, with a tweezers. And, without thinking, we flushed it down the toilet.

I made an appointment with a doctor in the medical practice we use, but not with my doctor, who, apparently, is not available today.

Because of where the tick bit me, I can't really see what it looks like.

Evie says it doesn't look like Internet pictures of a Lyme disease bite or a Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever bite.

She says it appears to be infected, but, since she pulled out the tick, I can't feel anything.

So, I see this doctor today. I've seen this doctor before and he was useless. I ended going to my own doctor two days later, when he was available.

I don't want to play around with this.

2 comments:

  1. Don't mess around. Aurilie, my daughter, has Lyme's Disease and it is AWFUL. She went nearly 2 years before a correct diagnosis. Being put on antibiotic immediately is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know that about Aurilie.

    Yeah, I'm not much for going to doctors but I know this is not a time to take chances.

    We know several people with Lyme disease and we know it's terrible to deal with.

    ReplyDelete