Friday, May 25, 2018

A Size 10 Foot and a Size 12 Arch

I'm still struggling with a nasty case of plantar fasciitis. I work three 10 hour days every week, on my feet on a hard tile floor and our condo is built on a concrete slab.

So, a sore foot is a very unpleasant matter.

I decided to get a comfortable pair of shoes for work because everything I have that I've tried at work has my feet, especially the sore one, screaming by the end of the day.

As it turns out, and much to my surprise, the store I went to has a shoe department with a guy in it who impressed me as really knowing how to fit shoes.

He put me on a Brannock devise. You've all seen them and used them but probably don't know that they have a name. I learned the name from a trivia question.

Anyway, he measured me for shoe size and then measured my ARCH size.

I have extremely high arches.

He showed me, on the Brannock devise, that I'm a size 10 for a shoe but my arch measures at size 12. That explains why I have painful feet.

(This is actually the second time I've had plantar fasciitis.)

So, he suggested size 10 1/2 shoes with a size 12 arch support insole. With all my pain, I was an easy sale.

Actually, I was willing to pay $100 for something I think will work. And, the shoes will probably outlast me and that brand was marked down. So, even with the special insole, I paid less than $90.

Now, will it help?

No comments:

Post a Comment