Friday, October 23, 2015

Gathering 10-22-15

The first gathering in two weeks for Evie and me.

The three groups with which we are connected each have their own personality and I love each of them.

The Thursday night group is the one of the three that is the most intense in provoking the gatherers on to a life of love and good works yet the meeting itself is extremely relaxed and informal.

These groups all have their own traditions/habits. In this one, the taking of the Lord's Supper--our time of "regospeling"--is crucial. Each of the members of the group leads from time to time and the focus is normally on Christ's love and good works which His followers are called to emulate.

Last night Evie led and she called us to focus on the reality that we abide in Him AND that He abides with us. For me, Paul's admonition that we "work out our salvation with fear and trembling" is connected to that second reality.

Last night's gathering was relatively brief, lasting only about two hours. The "chef" of the meal is dealing with some health issues which he is hoping to address through a change in diet. I wasn't certain that I could eat what he put on table but, in obedience to the love one another command, I was determined to do my best.  I hate the fact that I am a horribly picky eater.  Actually, the food was pretty good.

Another good meeting. I would not trade the most polished worship service for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment