Friday, September 4, 2015

Gathering: 9-3-15?

I know that there are several notes that I play over and over again in my Gathering posts. One of them is that one or both of us is either sick or tired or both. Evie has a very bad late summer cold. So we didn't attend the gathering last night, which is in a house that also functions as a state licensed day care center. We didn't want to bring germs into the environment.

Another note I play over and over again in these posts is that a core purpose of our gatherings is to spur each other on to love and good works.

After I clicked publish on my "Defile" post yesterday, it struck me that this issue of spurring is one that is at stake in what the CGGC gets wrong.

Every time we meet, I have in mind that true faith bears fruit in what a believer actually does (see Hebrews 11). So, we are always preparing each other to go one by one into the world making disciples out of sinners.

But, across most of Western Christianity, most people are gathered to consume religious products and services.

As a result, the Great Commission is defiled even during the so called worship service.

How we gathering will have to change if we repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment