Saturday, March 28, 2015

Going Home

Today we will be going to the congregation's rented facility to remove the stuff we have there.

The landlord called us about a week and a half ago to ask if we wanted him to try to rent the space to someone else. Apparently, he figured out that we weren't showing up. (Honestly, I can't remember the last time we were there.)

 We were willing to pay off the lease without using the space but I suspect that he knew he could get more for the space than we are paying. He now has another renter. A win win for all.

So, we are moving out and, from hence, we will be a network, a small one admittedly for now, of so-called house churches.

The evolution has been slow and, often, dictated or aided by circumstance and, I'm certain, that will continue to be the case.

But, I'm juiced and would never go back. I have never lived in community with others in Christ in the way I am now. Until recently, I didn't know that what we have was possible on this side of Christ's return.

I wish the typical CGGCer had what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment