Thursday, June 21, 2018

The Demise of this Blog

Five months ago, January 2018, was a record setting month for this blog...by far. Total page views exceeded the previous record by 20 percent.

The central theme then was the special Conference session of the ERC.

Page views this month are on track to be about one fourth of that record and the lowest number in about five years.

Why? Well, I'm posting almost nothing.

Again, why?

The most compelling reasons are connected to the decline in Evie's health. Cardiologists have been monitoring her heart since the early 90s. So, we are aware of the deterioration of her heart sooner and in a much more sophisticated way than people usually are at this point.

She's in bad shape, but still not critically so.

But, she declining at a rate I never imagined she would be.

She's decided to seek the care of the most highly regarded surgeon in Pennsylvania, really. The question now is if she can survive long enough to get to the top of his waiting list.

She's able to do less each day and that means that there's more for me to do.

Also, there's more for me to do on the job. And, my job was already exhausting.

And, there's the fact that, as I see it, the ERC is treading water until the College of Cardinals proudly and defiantly elevates the new Pope.

And, the CGGC mountaintoppers, these days, seem to be doing little beyond sitting in their offices and talking. And, I've already beaten the Talk-ism horse to death.

There are two posts I'm working on, both, I think, are important. But, they're assuming a finished form slowly.

So, there's not much happening here to provoke a prophetic response.

But, I suspect that there will be...eventually.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment