Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Seek First His...Righteousness

According to ERC Conference session docket information, members of the Conference staff have set a goal to travel to and meet with people from each and every conference congregation over a period of three years. The meeting at Faith has not been scheduled yet so what I know about those meetings I know second hand.

One thing I know about those meetings is that, apparently, in the opinion of Conference staff, the height of righteousness for an ERC congregation is achieved when it pays its full Conference tithe and, perhaps, exceeds the tithe with additional gifts.

I'm not joking. Neither, I'm certain, are the members of ERC staff.

I have to repeat what I've said recently about how the emotion of fear has begun to affect me. Paul speaks about the need for believers to work out their own salvation with fear and trembling. And, I do that.

But, I also have profound and genuine fear for the souls some of the leaders of the CGGC and for the people who trust in their teaching and leadership.

Jesus talks about God's righteousness as being crucial to the life of the person who follows Him and who will be welcomed by Him on the Day.

When I compare the life Jesus modeled and the way of living He commanded with the teachings and the way of many church leaders and church people, I do fear for their souls.

Please grab a red letter Bible and read the Gospels. If you are a Christian, please note how Christ, the Living Word, lived. Then focus, in on the red print, on the way of living He commanded.

One of my characteristics of the CGGC brand is, False, Flock-Based Righteousness.

Please look to Jesus, not church leaders, and hunger and thirst for righteousness as Jesus lived and commanded it.

We must repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment